Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shower her with gifts

Last weekend I made the trip up to Virginia to help throw a shower for my girl Jennie.  Her dream wedding is taking place in April and we thought it would be a lot of fun to pull everyone together for bridal shower. 

The night before the shower we all hit up a local sushi restaurant, Wild Ginger, and it was delish.  Our waiter was fun and even sent out this dessert when he learned Jennie was getting married-it was hysterical:




I am so SHORT

Sisterly love

A lot of planning went into this big day and four of us from three states plus her Aunt pull an amazing event together.  I must say our decor of pink and black turned out mighty adorable.  We sure hope she loved her day!















Sunday after the shower, Mama, Daddy & I went over to the Science Musuem.  I haven't been there since I was a little girl-a girl scout in fact.  It is awesome.  Mom didn't want to tour the museum, she just would agree to watch the IMAX movie which was amazing.  It was on orphaned elephants and orangatangs (spelling??) and I found myself tearing up at the end-It was a GREAT ending-nothing traumatic!



I got to hang out with Andy and Michelle too, but unfortunately we didn't snap any pictures!  :(   Next time for sure.   It was a great weekend and I so wished I lived closer to home....a girl can dream I guess.

No comments: