Friday, May 18, 2012

Cake baking

If you know me, you know I love cake.  And damn cake-it has gluten which I've been pretty good about giving up since my detox back in Feb.  I decided to bake a cake for our Mother's Day dinner and force "gluten" free upon my in laws.  They were pretty good sports about a gluten free cake.  And the taste wasn't too bad, however, that sucker weighed about 25 pounds. 

I tried two different gluten free cake mixes-ok fine-it is really b/c I wanted to make a layer cake and totally forgot to buy the second box.  And the second grocery store I went to didn't have the same kind...So there-busted.  Mistake number 1. 


Cake batter number one-looks so nice and smooth-right??


Cake batter number two-LUMPY LUMPY LUMPY and the mix to the left is the home-made raspberry filling. 


The two cakes out of the oven-lumpy on the left, smooth as butta on the right



You must try this gelato-Heaven..seriously...

 Layer of raspberry filling-check!

 Mommy's little kitchen helper
 Finished product


Overall, this isn't such a bad alternative to real cake.  Eat small pieces as a big old hunk of cake will feel like a bowling ball in your tummy!!

1 comment:

JCHokie said...

Cute cake! Looks very yummy!