Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meet Charlie


I've been eyeing this puppy up since the fall of 2010 at a really cool lighting company in Charleston.  I told myself if it is there the next time you go in (for work mind you) that you can "consider" it. 

Enter Saturday afternoon.  I had to go there to get some new lamp shades for work and there he is, just staring at me, begging me to buy him.  I talk the owner down 20% and low and behold my dining room goes from this:


To this:


Yes, I realize that there are two Christmas reindeer in the background.  They make me smile when I see them and yes, maybe I don't feel like dragging the step stool out to get them down, but whatever.  It is my house.  :) 

Could I have been more responsible and saved my money, yep I sure could have.  But when you fall in love you do stupid things and boy do I love Charlie. 

3 comments:

JCHokie said...

Wow, it looks amazing in your dinning room! What a huge difference it made. Very elegant. I love "Charlie"!

Rachel Chieppa said...

Absolutely lovely!!! Good choice! It really was worth the splurge!! And...I love the reindeer too!!! Whatever makes you happy!

yours truly said...

I love it Hammond!