Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday wreath-Yes or No

A few weeks back I saw this cutie pie on Pinterest and figured, "Heck, I can do that." 

Then along came Thanksgiving, and then the first week of December and I realized I hadn't even attempted to make this sucker yet.  So I ran around Charleston looking for three graduated sized wreaths.  Do you know how hard that is?  Stupid hard.  And to find them all in the same "style?"  Forget about it.  So I settled (I really hate that word) on three wreaths from the dreaded Wally World.  I also picked up some styrofoam, a scarf, gloves (I wanted mittens but couldn't find any) and some fabric glue.

After spending an hour and downing a beer (Love Blue Moons) I had had enough of trying to glue the friggin' felt to the darn styrofoam.  So I took a break and went and saw "Breaking Dawn" with my buddy Hope.  (Check out her awesome blog HERE)

I came back after being in love with Edward and decided, perhaps felt wasn't the way to go.  I would try spray painting my little top hat for frosty.  We'll see how well it will live up to the elements of outside.

So here is the final product.  I'd give myself a C+.  Not sure how you are to keep the wreaths from looking like ovals instead of circles.  And I still need to spruce up his top hat with a little red ribbon and maybe something cute like the bird on top like my inspiration picture.  If anyone has any suggestions, I am totally open to them.  Seriously...

I decided that I am much more of a buyer than a maker.  I find much more satisfaction in buying products than I do in making them myself.  Is my severe lack of patience a contributor to that?  You betcha it is.....


Looking back at this final picture and my inspiration picture I change my grade to a D.  HELP

1 comment:

Rachel Chieppa said...

I am so impressed. It looks great! Don't be so hard on yourself. It's so cute! The more things you try to make the better you get at making them. Don't give up on being creative!