Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pikes Peak
















Another beautiful day trip is up to Pike's Peak. You pass through so many different types of live it is truly amazing. We started at the base of Pike's Peak and it was in the 80's. By the time we go to the top, it was in the 40's.

You pass through forests, and lakes and then the closer you get to the top, the less and less foliage can survive. You finish your drive at this barren rock top at Pike's Peak. 14,000 feet up in the air.

Probably one of the coolest things are the switch backs. On the way back down they measure the temperature of your breaks. Let's just say, Melissa got a time out with her rental car. WHO knew I rode the breaks the way I did on the way down. But in my own defense, there weren't any guardrails and we all know I DON'T drive slow.
I hope you enjoy some of our pictures from Pike's Peak!

No comments: