Saturday, October 30, 2010

Work in progress

This kitchen reno has been fun.  It really makes me want to go and find an old beater of a house and fix it up.  I really think that is my calling, but alas, I can't afford to especially in this market.    One day though...

So we were without a kitchen sink and countertops from Wednesday to Tuesday.  At first it wasn't a big deal, but think about all the times you use your kitchen sink.  A lot....by the end all we wanted was just our sink back.

It was interesting being able to pull out your utensils without opening a drawer!  :)

Tuesday night came along and the installer-who is amazing by the way-pulled up in his truck with our beautiful granite.  I was so excited.  I must admit though at first I didn't think it looked too different then the old corian we had.  Chad looked at me like I had two heads.  But then, once it was nice and clean, I could totally see the difference.


We realized that the back splash that we originally picked didn't look exactly like we thought it would.  So back to the store we went and got the darker colored tiles.  (I love it now!-so glad we switched)

Here's a little sneak peak of the new tiles on the new granite:


No comments: